Pages

Cherries...or Boobies?


Hello all!


Hope you're well- I've been sniffling like a fluey pig and generally feeling very sorry for myself this week! Caught my boyfriend's evil cold and I've been pathetic since the weekend. I did manage to squeeze in a quick mani yesterday though and I love it, so it's cheered me up a bit!

I've wanted to do cherries for aaaaaages, and the minute I thought of cherries I knew I wanted to do them with a really rosy pink background. Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream is the softest, prettiest pink I have and it was the perfect base colour. Look at the swatches below and you'll see what I mean!




 I let the base coat dry and then used a dotting tool to paint the cherries in Clarins Golden Red- the richest, classiest red I've ever seen. I've have it since I was about twelve (I remember playing dress up with my mum's polish before I stole it!) and it's still in really good nick. I seriously need to buy a new one though- it's so hard to find a bright red that isn't tacky and cheap looking, and this one is proper fifties pin up red!

<> <>
tools of the trade
The little cherry stems were painted with a teeeeeeeny little paint brush and Barry M Spring Green- steady hand a must! Then once they were dry I used the same brush to dot the white marks on, to make the cherries look really shiny (I used a french tip whitener for the white, can't even remember what one!) Then once it was dry I covered the lot in Seche Vite. Word of advice if you're going to try this- give the cherries a good half an hour to dry before you put the SV on, I applied mine way too early and dragged my entire thumb :( I had to emergency repair with an orange stick and touch up with Strawberry Ice Cream! 


I absolutely love how sweet these are! Although my charming boyfriend did point out that some of the cherries look like 'little red boobies!' And after sulking for a bit I had to reluctantly concur that some of them did in fact resemble breasticles! I think the trick is to make sure that the white shiny dots go on the very edge of the cherry....rather than floating around in the middle somewhere!



(there's a particularly boob like pair on my left ring finger right at the top...haha!)
xXx


4 comments:

  1. Ok I definitely giggled at the boobies... but these look great, what a fun mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I really love the Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream. What a beautiful pink! You did a great job on the boobies.. um, I mean cherries, ;) Seriously, the cherries are really cute. I may have to try this mani soon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dil ki awaz koi pehchanta nahi,
    Kisko kya dard hai koi janta nahi,
    Hum bhi nahi chahte aapko pareshan karna,
    Magar kya kare.. dil hai ki manta nahi… satta king
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...