Pages

Glitter in the Air vs. Whimsical

Good afternoon lovelies,

Still having the back pain to end all back pain so falling a bit behind with the blogging. Luckily I had this post already saved as a draft, so I can just post it with minimal effort! Unusually efficient for me, I must say.

Today I will be comparing the greatest dupe EVER. Revlon's Whimsical, which is basically the exact same polish as Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. GITA is a sheer milky blue jelly, with large and small pink/ blue glitter scattered throughout. It's best layered, so you build up the glitter and you get a fantastic sandwich effect as the pink and blue bits look buried in the polish. 

Revlon have released their version of this polish and it's been a massive hit- mainly as Deborah Lippman retails at around £16 ($18) and Revlon polishes are half that price! I contacted Revlon to ask if they would be releasing Whimsical in the UK but they said they weren't :( I was lucky enough to get mine from my lovely US swap buddy Kim. And I got GITA in a half price sale- pointlessly, with hindsight...but it's nice to have the original sometimes.

As they are better layered over another colour, the pictures here are two coats of OPI What's With The Catitude? and three coats of GITA/ Whimsical.

GITA is on my left hand, Whimsical is on my right.

Enough prattling- on with the picture spam! 

left - outdoors
right - indoors with flash

(HOW GORGEOUS are the outdoor pics?! Look at all that shimmery pink and blue goodness) *swoon*

GITA - indoors with flash
 
Whimsical - indoors with flash

As you can see from the pictures, they are absolutely identical. Application was exactly the same as well- the formula was great, very easy to apply. My only criticism is that I did have to 'fish' for bits of glitter as I ended up with some bald, glitter-free patches!

Sorry in advance, as the outdoor pics aren't as bright as I would like. It seems to be permanently overcast in Wales at the moment! And in the rare spots of sunshine, am I EVER at home with my camera?!




Add caption

Whimsical - outdoors
 
GITA - outdoors
And one last comparison shot:



I honestly can't tell the difference! It takes a finer polish connoisseur then myself to distinguish between these two beauties.

So there you have it. If you can get Whimsical, save yourself the monies and snatch it up quickly.

That's all from me, hopefully I'll be back to regular posting soon!

Alice
xXx


19 comments:

  1. I love GITA, it's one of my favourite polishes - probably because it always reminds me of Togepi from Pokemon :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE debra lipman polish. so perfect.

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, your nails look so adorable! *-* i wish i had that nail polish, where can i find it?
    Love * Monstros no Armário

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I could find Whimsical here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is THE blog post I have been waiting (mostly) patiently for someone to made. I expected there to be more of a noticeable difference between the two and am pleasantly surprised. I love these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great comparison post! I can't tell the difference! Must get whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog :)
    Follow me,
    www.donnaromina.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the glitter. so happy I found your blog. totally following. can't wait to read more. if you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a small town girl taking on the LA fashion scene. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much!
    www.greeklicious.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful!!!Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing looking colour. really want to try it out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. they look lovely! how long do you nails usually last like that? i just painted mine on sunday, and they are already chipped =( and it's poi, with a top coat..GRrr.hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration!XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO STINKIN' CUTE GIRL! I love the blue you used underneath it, totally whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower. Please check mines out and follow me if you’d like =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. play bazaar
    play bazaar

    play bazaar Without friends life is nothing
    Revenge is the purest emotion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...